Future City Experience 2023: A Waste-Free Future
The 2023 theme is A Waste-Free Future. Teams will design a waste-free city using the principles of a circular economy.
Dates and deadlines
- Registration deadline: January 27, 2023
- Teacher info session and mentor training: week of January 30, 2023 (further details will be provided upon registration)
- Virtual kick-off and live Q&A event: February 1, 2023
- Meet your mentor: week of February 6, 2023
- Projects completed and submitted: by May 5, 2023
- Virtual Showcase (English): May 10, 2023
- Virtual Showcase (French): May 11, 2023
Virtual kick-off and live Q&A event (February 1, 2023)
Future City participants are invited to join the Future City Experience virtual panel discussion where you and your class will get a chance to meet engineers and science experts! Not only will your students learn more about engineering and how they can explore a career in STEM, they will also get specific tips from our panel of experts on things they need to think about as they design their cities. More information about the panellists will be made available closer to the event.
Virtual Showcase (May 10 and 11, 2023)
The Showcase is the culmination of the Future City Experience. It's an opportunity for students to present their designs to a panel of engineering experts. It's an important part of the engineering experience! One group from each class is allowed to present at the Showcase. Participating groups will present their Future City models to a panel of engineering experts and receive live feedback. This virtual event will also include opportunities for ALL students and educators to learn from industry experts, explore interactive STEM outreach tools, and connect with others through interactive online learning games.
Here is a list of resources to support you and your students: