Scavenger Hunt– National Prize Official Contest Rules (Participating Classrooms)
Each Entrant declares that they have read and accepted all the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules.
- Sponsor. The Scavenger Hunt – National Prize (Contest) is sponsored by Engineers Canada, 300-55 rue Metcalfe Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 6L5.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence and who are elementary school educators at the time of entry. Employees of Engineers Canada, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production, or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. By participating in this Contest, Entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Official Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with all of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by Engineers Canada, in Engineers Canada’s sole discretion.
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on March 12, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends on March 31, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. EST (Contest End Date) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter. Entrants can enter by downloading and creating an account on the application GooseChase, joining the National Engineering and Geoscience Month game using the code 3K9458 and indicating their classroom name in their team name (e.g. Mrs. Brown’s classroom). For this Contest, receipt of an internet entry occurs when the team name is registered to the National Engineering and Geoscience Month game. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by Engineers Canada, in its sole discretion. Limit of one (1) entry per person.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in Engineers Canada’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Engineers Canada a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants, as defined below. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- Contest Prizes. There is a total of (2) coupons to JR Toy Company, valued at five hundred dollars ($500) each, available to be won.
Prize winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions, or special offers. Engineers Canada reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. On March 31, 2021 at 12 p.m. EST (Draw Date) in Ottawa, ON, Engineers Canada, or an employee, agent or other representative of Engineers Canada, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winners (Selected Entrants). Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) answer a skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return Engineers Canada’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Engineers Canada.
Selected Entrants will be notified within three (3) business days of the Draw Date and will be contacted through the email address provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to two (2) attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within two (2) business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in Engineers Canada’s sole discretion. A signed copy of Engineers Canada’s Winner Release must be received by Engineers Canada no later than two (2) business days of the date indicated on the notification email. Engineers Canada is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for Engineers Canada to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
- Release and Indemnification. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. All winners must sign Engineers Canada’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm eligibility for the Contest and compliance with all Official Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless Engineers Canada, its advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook and Twitter, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development, and execution of the Contest (Released Parties) from any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, or any suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, or any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests or other third parties, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant, use or misuse of a prize, or any travel related thereto.
Engineers Canada is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Engineers Canada; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- Other Conditions. Decisions of Engineers Canada are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment in respect of the Contest. Engineers Canada reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to Entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Engineers Canada reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights, and obligations between entrants and Engineers Canada, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Rule Amendments. Engineers Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Official Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of Engineers Canada corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations, are owned by Engineers Canada. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of Engineers Canada’s intellectual property without the express written consent of Engineers Canada is strictly prohibited.
- Use of Personal Information. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant consents to Engineers Canada's collection, use and disclosure of their name, age, province of origin and email address (Personal Information) solely for the purpose of administering the Contest, including for prize fulfilment purposes, where applicable, and acknowledges that Engineers Canada may disclose their Personal information to third-parties, including to the twelve (12) provincial and territorial engineering regulators, in connection with any of the above activities.
- Social Media. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any Personal Information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Engineers Canada and not to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Engineers Canada and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.