Volunteer for National Engineering Month
Do you want to spark someone's life-long interest in engineering? If so, join us in celebrating National Engineering Month through one of many volunteer opportunities.
Canada’s engineers, teachers, parents, and students can all help kids learn about engineering and how much fun it can be!
There are literally hundreds of ways you can help, such as:
- Taking part in one of the over 500 National Engineering Month events nation-wide
- Being a judge at an engineering competition for kids, such as a bridge-building contest
- Talking to kids at a local school about what a career in engineering is all about
- Organizing an event at your work
- Encouraging your firm to sponsor an event
Can’t commit to an event? No problem. There are other ways for you to contribute to National Engineering Month:
- Share your career with others. Talk to the young people in your life, whether it be your own children, neighbours, relatives, or children of friends about being an engineer, the rewards your careers has, and the opportunities it provides. Or invite them to visit your workplace and see the work you do as an engineer.
- Help us promote National Engineering Month! Take advantage of the resources available here, including sample social media posts, graphics and logos to help spread the word about the annual celebrations.
- Engage with the National Engineering Month community on social media. Post something interesting related to engineering and use the hashtag #nem2019 or #negm2019 to add to the conversation. Or share others’ posts with those hashtags.
- Use National Engineering Month as a starting point to find out about year-round opportunities to get involved. Find out what engineering organizations such as regulators, universities, and companies are doing year-round to support engineering and inspire young people. Promote or participate in the initiatives that interest you.
- Hang National Engineering Month posters around your school, library, etc. Help spread the word about National Engineering Month by downloading these posters.
Fill out the form to get more information from your provincial or territorial engineering regulator.
Utility Menu English test